The newly established Drug Law Reform Australia Party ran high profile Senate teams in NSW, Victoria, South Australia and the ACT at the 2013 Federal Election.
The Party received over 10,000 first preference votes, finishing 31st in a field of 49 parties nationally - beating established groups like the Australian Republican Party and Citizens Electoral Council. Considering we were established only 3 months before the election, we achieved an excellent result.
We did this will only a handful of committed activists scattered throughout the country, who bravely promoted the drug law reform message by holding public forums, handing out flyers, and representing the party at polling booths on Election Day.
2013 Election Candidates
New South Wales Senate Team
- Miles Hunt – Lawyer with a passion for human rights - NSW
- Tony Trimingham OAM – Founder of Family Drug Support Australia - NSW
Victoria Senate Team
- Greg Chipp – Convener of Drug Law Reform Australia - Victoria
- Dr John Sherman – Drug Addiction Specialist - Victoria
South Australia Senate Team
- Damon Adams - Decorated SA ex-Police officer, ex-military and Australian Vice President of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) Australia - SA
- Dr John Jiggens - Writer, journalist, academic and drug law reform researcher - SA
Australian Capital Territory Senate Team